My plan for today was to go out with my group for 4 miles and then turn around and head back home. I figured that if I could run 8 miles today, 10 next week, 12 the following, then the police would work nicely as a training run for the Fargo half.
Well, it went great!!! It was so nice to run with the group again. The first 4 miles flew by, before I knew if I was waving goodbye and heading back home. I managed to complete the run with very little pain. I did stop on a couple of my walk breaks to stretch. This seemed to help.
![]() |
| The river is already looking scary high. I'm hoping to get some better photos this week. |
I probably would have felt a little sad about leaving the group if I didn't know about the delicious food waiting for me at home! It was my mother in law's birthday so we had a brunch at our place, pot-luck style. It was my first time making waffles from scratch and I even made a traditional Mennonite "white sauce." This sauce has been part of our family Christmas tradition for as long as I can remember. It's similar to a vanilla custard. SO GOOD!
Thanks mom for lending me the waffle irons and recipe's.
![]() |
| My sweet family eating yummy brunch. |
Stats:
1:35 min
8.63 miles
11:03 min/mile (maybe going slower IS the key?)
+3 degrees


I'm so glad that you were able to do your run with little pain. I know stretching really helped me when I was dealing with IT band pain. I hope it keeps getting better!
ReplyDeleteI'm waiting for the smell-a-blog feature to be developed as in "I'd love to smell them waffles!". Maybe a new gadget for the tech-heads to work out. There must be some HTML code that'll do the trick. :>) M
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that waffle sauce, made it many a time! Good news for you on the running front - maybe slower is better for right now!
ReplyDelete