Sunday, June 5, 2011

it worked!

Before I left for the lake I posted a list of things I was doing in order to ensure that I would get some miles in while relaxing at the lake this weekend.

It was definitely tough. On Saturday morning I woke up with some serious pain in my back. It was the kind of pain that takes your breath away. After some serious tylenols and a massage from The Husband it was feeling a lot better. That being said, my mom and husband convinced me that running would be a bad idea. Instead, we went for a walk, played games, and roasted some hot dogs on the fire.
That's The Husband's new truck in the background, pretty!


This morning I woke up to the sound of rain on the roof. The pain in my back had returned and my head hold was still in full force. I decided to put my running clothes on just in case things cleared up. At around 10:00 I decided that it was not going to clear up so I better get going.

I am so glad I did! At the lake I choose to run on the highway. I feel fairly safe on the highway and there is a lot to see. After 3 miles the rain started to get heavier and I decided to turn around. I kept running while looking for a break in traffic to cross the highway. After about 5 minutes I changed my mind and decided to keep on going and complete the 5 miles I had planned before turning around to head home. 5 miles got me to the Traverse Bay store where I warmed my hands and texted my family to let them know I was alright.

The run home felt faster and a little warmer. All in all, it was a beautiful run with no pain, negative thoughts or even heavy breathing. I am finally starting to feel like a runner. It's an amazing day when you can do an "easy" 10 miles.

Thanks for keeping me accountable!! Here are the photos I promised!


I wasn't the only crazy one out in the rain!


This happened around mile 9.5, so fun!!

The RM had to build a huge wall to keep all the cabins on the lake from flooding.  Lucky for me it also makes a beautiful running trail.

Beautiful Lake Winnipeg

The Husband made this delicious breakfast for me. Seriously, best husband ever!


Stats:
1:44 min
10.07 miles
10:22 min/mile
165 bpm

5 comments:

  1. Good job! So proud of you...you're going to have to kick some asphalt for the both of us while I am off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I always feel so much better when I get out there, especially when I wasn't really feeling it in the first place. (and your breakfast looks delicious!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great job! And I loved all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me laugh when you said that everyone else thought that running wasn't a good idea but you went anyway. That's my kind of gal, I do that all the time and never regret it!
    When do you finish school? We have one more week.

    ReplyDelete