The term role model generally means any "person who serves as an example, whose behaviour is emulated by others."
Today I had an awesome opportunity to run with a lady who has been a role model to me for a number of years. Her name is Lynda and she is a retired teacher who used to teach at my school. When her and I worked together I knew she was a runner, she had even run The Boston Marathon!
I used to think "I will never be able to do something like that." Well today, I was helping to pace a group who are training for the Niverville Half Marathon and guess who was in my group, Lynda! It was a beautiful morning and the conversation was light and lively. It was pretty hot but thankfully most of our route was in the shade.
Everyone got back with smiles on their faces and our pace was right on track! We all high-fived, stretched and started to go our separate ways. Two ladies even thanked me for a great run, and one of them was Lynda. I told her she was very welcome and it was an honour to run with someone so inspiring. I never thought I could be a runner, and I definitely never thought I'd be helping to lead a group.
If you're reading this, Thanks Again Lynda!!!
Stats
1:09 min.
6.10 miles
11:28 min/mile
151 BPM
I know Lynda very well and you're right, she's an amazing person, a role model indeed! She got her BQ the same race that I got my PB. M
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story! And how cool that your role model was in your group. It's so fun to see how we all can progress to be more than we thought possible!
ReplyDelete