Over the past few months I have fallen in love!
With BLOGGING! I enjoy writing my own blogs but I especially love reading other people's blogs. One blog that I came across recently is "The Boring Runner." He's just hilarious! And today he's hosting a virtual 5K race! All I had to do is comment that I'll be running and post this brief report.
I had hoped to get out there early and beat the heat but after a very long week I gave in to my comfy bed and slept in late. Around 9:30 I finally got into my running clothes, chewed a couple sport beans and ran out the door.
The skies were clear and the sun was out in full force. It was about 20 C/68 F. It was my same basic route that I run quite often, a big rectangle in a residential area. I have never run in an actual 5K race before but it usually takes me about 28 minutes. Today my goal was 26 minutes. I have been really taking it easy this past month and even pacing a 2:15 group at the running room so I was a little worried about going fast. My runs this past week have been mostly at around 11 min/mile.
After the first mile my legs were already feeling tired and my breathing was getting a little heavy. I just tried to remember, "You're just warming up. You always get faster as you go!"
Well I think it worked, I managed 5k/3.1 miles in 25:42 minutes!
Even though I felt like I was going to puke a couple times I was really happy with my overall run!!
After I got home, I threw on a little running skirt (I will never be able to run in this, it just feels too weird!) and raced in my car to McDonalds before breakfast was over. The Husband has had some pretty late nights due to his retirement from the restaurant where he's worked for the past 10 years so I wanted to bring home treats.
The rest of my day will be spent blogging, sitting by the pool, doing laundry, cake decorating, and watching track and field! Can't really ask for a better day!!
Stats:
3.1 miles
25:42 min.
8:17 min/mile
184 BPM
20 degrees and Sunny!



Holy great time!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to mention in my report that I wanted to puke at one point too. This one truck drove past me and for some reason I could really smell it's exhaust and it triggered the "wanting to puke" feeling.
Awesome!! You are a speedy girl! Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun that you're getting into blogging. It is seriously the best way to stay motivated!
ReplyDeleteNice work on the race!!! Way to set a goal and kill it.
Wow, that was fast! Nice job! :) I love reading blogs, and Adam's is always hilarious.
ReplyDeletegreat run!!! hahaaa.. it was so hot here today, i felt like you're describing awesome, but "hey, do i need to puke?? lol
ReplyDelete