I am officially done my university course and am on summer holidays! I know, that's no excuse for not blogging. So here it is, in short form.
Friday: I got to run with a good friend of mine from B.C. She is working towards her first 1/2 marathon. Not a small task only a year after having her first baby and being a pretty new runner. She had 9 miles on her training schedule so we set out fairly early Friday morning. Her training is a little different than what I'm used to. Her group doesn't do walk breaks!!! We decided to go with that and we also ran a full min/mile faster than I've been doing for the last couple months. However, the weather and conversation were great and the miles passed quickly. Thanks for a great run Lysa!
 |
| Alyssa, taking a quick break outside of the new Children's Garden. |
Saturday, Sunday, Monday - Total rest!! The Husband, The Sister and I went out to the cabin. We spent a lot of time hanging out on the deck, watching movies, sitting on the beach, and we even did a jigsaw puzzle.
 |
| The Husband, enjoying one of his favorite cabin activities. |
We also made "Hobo Pies." I'm not sure what these delicious treats are actually called but we've been making them on camping trips since we were little kids. Basically, you butter two pieces of bread, put pizza toppings in between, and bake in the fire. We also made some with apple pie filling for dessert. So Yummy!!!
 |
| The fixings. |
 |
| My little Sis and Husband |
 |
| I don't usually look this scared when I eat. |
Today I got back to running WITHOUT my Garmin. It broke yesterday and I am not happy about it. I was planning to run yesterday and when I tried to turn it on, nothing happened. When I called Garmin they basically just told me I was out of luck. Thankfully, I bought the watch on Visa and it looks like they're gonna fix or replace it. Looks like I'll be running "unplugged" for about a month. Booo!!
 |
| The high-tech deck sound system. |
What's wrong with the Garmin? I know a couple of fixes. M
ReplyDeleteThe screen is just blank and it won't turn on. I tried plugging it in abd also holding down both buttons for 6 seconds. I get a narrow black line and then nothing :(
ReplyDeleteSounds like it's cooked. Sorry, I was going to suggest holding the buttons down but you've done this already. :( M
ReplyDeleteBy the way, that some serious sound system!
ReplyDeleteWOW, what a coincidence, my Garmin quit too! I think it's because I wasn't racing with it and it was a little let down...so I just got another one, a cheaper version on AMAZON and hopefully, it will last! Anyway, there are good things to be said about running without the Garmin. I'm getting used to it!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you're having a fun break, the camping sounds like fun and I'd love to try the HOBO stew!
Can you believe I go back to school in two weeks???!!! Keep enjoying your vacation for me!
Sorry about your Garmin! But it looks like your weekend at the cabin was a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your trail race as well! What a great experience!
boo for dead garmins
ReplyDeleteI had such a great time running with you, thanks for taking the time to do that and for running the different "style". :) Hopefully we will run again some time - feel free to come out to BC!!
ReplyDelete