The race is put on by Imagine: Mental Health Matters whose goal is to raise awareness about mental health issues and suicide prevention. The people of Niverville are extremely friendly and lots of people come out to cheer the runners on. There are also a lot of very talented musicians entertaining runners along the route. After the race there is good food, massages, and lots of entertainment for kids and adults.
Since the beginning of summer I knew I wanted to run at this event but my other main goal coming out of Fargo was to give my legs a rest. Well, if you've been following my blog you have noticed that I haven't backed off running all together. That being said, I have slowed down!
I have been helping out with my friend Joanne's clinic and pacing a 2:15 group. I have LOVED running with this group. The slower pace has made for lots of comfortable chatting and quick recovery from long runs. I believe that running at this pace has also helped to heal old injuries and prevent new ones. I also loved running with people who were training for their 1st half marathon, so exciting!
Up until last week I had planned on pacing my little group to finish in 2:15. However, when I started to reflect on my summer and the way my body has been feeling I decided to give that old sub 2:00 goal one last shot. Don't worry, I talked to my group and they all had people to run with and support
This new goal caused quite a bit of anxiety but after the Winnipeg 10 & 10, I had a pretty good idea that I could do it.
Of course the night before the race I started to freak out a little and was even feeling sick to my stomach. The Husband tried to comfort me by reminding me that I do this for fun!!
I agreed and wrote down my goals and some of the things I would think about when things got hard. This was also my list of things to remember to bring in the morning.
![]() |
| Journey is for my journey, not the band :) |
Stay tuned for how this worked out...


No comments:
Post a Comment