Friday, February 4, 2011

running home

Today was the perfect day to run home from work. Since we had an inservice today I did not have to bring my laptop or a change of clothes. I went to work in my workout clothes. I left my car at work and plotted my path home.

When I mapped my route online it worked out to be less than 5k. How does it take me 25 minutes to get to work in my car?!?!? Darn you Kenaston Blvd! I decided to take a very round-about route.

Anyway, I started out at my school in St. James near Century. I headed down Berry all the way to Portage.  As I was crossing portage I realized that the other side of the street had turned into more of a lake than a sidewalk. I tried to avoid the puddle and slipped right into it! Both feet were ankle deep in water and slush. I think I shrieked a little and people were definitely laughing looking.  At this point I almost called for a pickup as I was worried about how cold my feet would get. Turns out running in wet wool socks isn't too bad, they warm up right away.

I continued through Assiniboine park, down grant towards Kenaston and down Kenaston home. The paths were either sheer ice or total slush and puddles the entire way. I can feel that my stabilizing muscles will be sore tomorrow! I'll also have to put some newspaper in my shoes to make sure they're nice and dry for tomorrow.

Stats:
42 min.
4.18 miles
10.18 min/mile
178 bpm (heart rate)
very wet shoes and pant legs!

-Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment