Saturday, March 19, 2011

Coming back strong-ish

I am so happy to say that I actually got a full 4 runs in this week!

It's been an insane week filled with visits to the chiropractor and physiotherapist, parent/teacher interviews, and cupcake baking. I feel like I haven't seen the husband in forever and I think he may be getting a little annoyed with all of this.

I have definitely got to find a better balance. I am hoping that in less than a month when my university course is done I will have a little more down time. I am still hoping to take another short course in the spring but hopefully not as time consuming as this one has been. I have also been a lot more selective about the cakes I choose to take on. This is maybe the hardest part because I miss baking and decorating a ton!

As far as training goes though, my week was fantastic!
-Sunday was my first run back after a week off. I blogged about it, wasn't the best run ever.
-Tuesday I ran a tempo run with the group and actually kept up.
-Wednesday Joanne and I went to the Y and did a hill workout on the treadmill. It was crazy hot in there but the running felt great. I was also happy to be running inside as it was raining and icy outside.
-Friday our whole group went to the Max Bell Centre at the University of Manitoba to test out some track drills. We did a 15 minute warm up, 4/5 drills, and the started the 800's. I always dread running 400 and 800 meters. It's too long for me to sprint and I have trouble pacing without being way too conservative and slow. Yesterday however, I was able to keep up with Joanne and our times were very consistent from the 1st 800m to the 4th.

I forgot my watch and I really lost track of time and distance so I have nothing official to report for stats :(

hmm...

Stats:
Temperature:warm and DRY
Bathrooms: Disgusting
Views: Weird rhythmic gymnasts practicing, odd
Highlight: Running with friends!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't rhythmic gymnastics strange?? I was signed up for it as a child and always thought it was a little odd...

    ReplyDelete