I missed running so much!!! On Sunday I went for a run and it hurt. It was slower than I've gone in months and I felt discouraged. When I got home the husband and I talked about alternate plans in case I was going to have to put this marathon dream on hold. I cried a little but was okay with knowing that it'll happen eventually.
Today was a great day! I handed in a huge university assignment, signed and sealed report cards, and competed an enormous survey that I had to do about each of my students! I feel like I can breathe again. As an added bonus, the sun was out and it was +4 degrees out!!
All of this made for a fantastic run! I was a little worried about keeping up with the group and how my knee would feel but it all worked out great. It was actually my fastest tempo run yet :)
p.s. I got the shirt!! It's so comfy, I love it and I'm a huge dork!
Stats:
34:22 min.
3.95 miles
8:41 min/mile
182 bpm

You're totally running the full in Fargo...marathon training is all about little set backs, and sometime a week off is the best thing for you!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had an awesome run tonight! :)
It really was a great run tonight...and once the sloppy mess goes away, the runs will get even better!
ReplyDeleteGood on you for finishing all your assignments...I still haven't touched mine!
4 Degrees must feel balmy! Love the shirt, so cute!
ReplyDeleteI must get that shirt...where did you get it?
ReplyDeleteThe shirt is from The Running Room.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.shop.runningroom.com/