I realize it's been a long time since I last blogged. This last two weeks have been CRAZY! I can't remember if I posted about it but I am back in school on Monday and Wednesday nights. I also said yes to two cake orders this week. They were a lot of work but also a lot of fun. You can read all about it here.
Sooo running...after the WPS half I purposely took a whole week off. This is something I neglected to do after the Hypo Half and this time around I'm super paranoid about making the same mistakes. The week off actually went really fast and I was happy to relax a little, I even went for a massage.
This week my plan was to get right back to running but, as one of my running buddies puts it, "life gets in the way." On the weekend the Husband and I helped out with a friends wedding social and didn't crawl into bed until after 3 AM! Sunday I finally got into my running clothes around 6:30 and by the time I got to the gym there was only an hour left till closing time. I managed 6 miles (longest ever on a treadmill) and felt nice and sweaty!
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday were busy with school and cake building. By Thursday I was itching to run and luckily my friend Joanne was up for joining me :) My plan was to get to the Pan Am about half an hour before Joanne so I could run on the track for a bit before she joined me. Well, I only did about half a mile before Jo and I hit the pool for some aqua jogging. We managed about 40 minutes before my stomach was turning and I made a quick exit for the night.
Fargo is less than a week away. While I am getting very excited about a weekend road trip with my running ladies, I am getting a little nervous about my lack of running over the last two weeks.
After over a week of cloudy, rainy weather the sun is finally out and Joanne and I are meeting up for a quick 5k this afternoon. Hopefully I have something a little more exciting to blog about.
If I havent told you yet I am very proud of you!
ReplyDeleteLove Mom