Sunday, May 15, 2011

What a difference a couple weeks makes!

Remember two weeks ago when I ran the Police Half and it looked like this!

Well yesterday and today were a whole different story! The sun is out and the sky is a beautiful shade of blue and I'm finally getting to test out all those cute running clothes I've been collecting over the winter! *Joanne took a photo of us in our new shirts, I'll include it if she's willing to share ;)


Today I ran with the Fargo Full marathon group. They were only doing 10 miles today so I was able to run with them for the first 3.5. I am so excited for all of the people in my group. They have been working so hard and are gonna kill it in Fargo! For some of them it will be their first marathon ever and I can't even imagine their excitement!

Today's run was a familiar route down Wellington Crescent to the Misercordia Hospital and back. I LOVE running down Wellington. I love the trees, the houses, the path. My favourite part is seeing all the other runners out there enjoying the day.


On the solo part of my run today I passed one gentleman who was wearing a really great yellow t-shirt. I said hello and kept running at my slow and steady pace. A couple minutes later he came flying by me with some crazy swinging legs and arms everywhere. I noted him and kept going. About five minutes later he slowed down and I passed him again. Next thing I know he goes flying by me again. I guess he was doing intervals but being passed repeatedly by a man with crazy form, more than twice my age started to get on my nerves!

Anyway, I'm glad to be home and am about to enjoy many of my favourite things all together at one time. Can you guess which one of these things is not like the others?

Stats:
1:10 min.
7.04 miles
10:03 min/mile
+10 degrees!

5 comments:

  1. You are one crazy girl and I love reading your blogs. Way to go Connie! You are going to have a great time in Fargo.
    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, can't guess - what thing is not like the other? Do I see bacon in that bowl??

    And lovely weather out - isn't a blue sky just fabulous to run under? Right now we have grey skies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Connie, the downside to iphone 3GS is that I can't see if a picture is taken properly! Unfortunately, it didn't work :( Oh well..there will be plenty more time to take pictures of us in our new Reebok gear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. the photo included a number of my favourite things including yogurt, macbook, poached eggs, garmin watch. And ugh, textbook :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so great that you get to run with the group! I think that would be so exciting and motivating. And I'm excited for the good weather to get here too! It's been so nice to see the sun! I'm glad you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete