But...after skipping my long run and spending far too much time snacking and sitting on the beach I decided to brave the roads. I bribed my mom and our friend Darlene to come out and act as bear patrol for me.
By 9:15 when we got to this
I did a quick 1/2 mile warm up and followed it by 7 hill repeats. I was happy that my pace stayed constant throughout (oh yeah, my Garmin came back to life). Darlene even joined me on the hill for while!
On my way down the hill for the last time I was wishing I hadn't forgot my Gatorade when I saw my dad approaching in his huge yellow truck, with my blue deliciousness gleaming out the window!! He drove all the way there just to bring it to me. I owe you one dad!!
This weekend I need to get in a 10 miler and am trying to figure out a safe way to do it at the lake. Maybe I can arrange some sort of bike relay for my family and they can switch off protecting me from the bears.


Bears are good for speed workouts ;>) ... seriously, be careful. You can also buy a small sized bear spray at the hunting/ outdoors stores. They're about the size of a marker and have a couple of shots of pepper spray. Some runners in the country carry them for dog attacks. Cabella's on Ellice carry them. Be safe Connie! M
ReplyDeleteUm yeah, there is a reason I don't run in the "country". I typically run in a group where I might not be the slowest...lol! Stay safe & be careful!
ReplyDelete