Saturday, January 28, 2012

3 Years of Awesome!

I've been pretty absent in the blog world for the past few months. It's not that I haven't been running, I've just been focusing on other things.

One of the things I've been focusing on is my wonderful husband. It's easy to get busy with work/school/running/baking/hockey and end up feeling like roommates. It actually takes planning and thought to go on dates, make dinner together or spend an afternoon re-organizing the office in our condo. A little quality time goes a long way though!



This month we celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary. I honestly cannot believe how fast the time has gone. It feels like just yesterday we were standing on that beautiful beach in Cuba, saying our vows.



This year we decided to stay in and celebrate. The Husband has been super busy with work so when I called him after work to figure out the plan for the evening, he told me we could just figure out some leftovers.

I was slightly disappointed in this lackluster plan so I made some stops of on the way home and picked up cheese, steaks, mussels, wine, and chocolate. Little did I know, I had been tricked!! When I got home The Husband had prepared an amazing feast with seared scallops, rack of lamb, and spiced rum apple crumble!!!

After the appy and the first glass of wine I put my camera away. Trust me, the food was all amazing!

I should have known better than to think he would suggest leftovers for our anniversary. If all of that wasn't enough, he even got me a gift! NIKE FREE'S! I've wanted these shoes for a long time but couldn't justify the purchase (I can't even run in these because they don't have enough support for my feet). They are so pretty and I can't wait to try them on some short runs and cross-training!



I am so lucky to have found such an amazing man to spend my life with, and not just because of his chef skills and the pretty gifts :)

1 comment: