Thursday, January 12, 2012

Running in Mexico!

Over the Christmas break the Husband and I were fortunate enough to spend some time in Mexico. Some friends of ours were attending a wedding in Puerto Vallarta and we decided to tag along (with their permission of course).

View from our hotel.
 
My dream for the trip was that I would be able to fully relax but also find ways to stay active and take advantage of the beautiful weather. I would say I was extremely successful!



I was able to do water arobics, beach yoga, hiking, zip-lining and lots of running.

Where I ran when the sand started to take a toll on my ankles.

I had planned to do all of my running on a treadmill while in Mexico. I wasn't sure how hot/safe it would be. However, when I visited the gym and tried their treadmill I quickly decided that my runs would be outside or not at all.

Way at the end is the pier that I ran to one day.

Turns out, that broken treadmill was a huge blessing.

Quiet hotel while everyone else is still asleep
Had I stayed in the gym I would have missed:
  • Sunrises on the beach
  • "The nod" from other morning runners 
  • Seeing baby turtles making their way to the ocean
  • The view from the pier I ran to
  • Extra minutes tanning
  • Salt water in my shoe
  • Meeting up with a running buddy from Winnipeg
  • Impromptu tours of other hotels
I was told to pose this way but the surroundings make up for the cheesiness I think.

1 comment: