Sunday, March 11, 2012

Uncharted Territory

I have officially entered full marathon training!

 The schedule last week called for 15 miles, 2 miles further than I had ever run before. This was the very same run where I got hurt last year. It was the run that took me out of training for almost 2 months! Needless to say, when I arrived at The Running Room I was very nervous!

The run was cold, snowy and windy. At the 6 mile point I was already developing frostbite on one side of my face. The run was hard and felt about how I expected it would. I was proud and happy to be done.



This week was a whole different story! The weather was beautiful and the sun was shining. Our wonderful leader organized two different food caches with delicious treats! It was nice to break the miles up into chunks.

Grapefruit, Swedish berries, PB filled pretzels and bananas!! Thanks guys!

The sidewalks were a tad icy and 4 of us (including me) ended up bailing at different points. Luckily I don't think anyone was hurt too badly.

Today I ran 16.5 miles and felt better than I ever thought I could! I was beaming when I got home to find my lovely husband had made me a healthy and super tasty meal. 



Are any of you training for anything fun?
I'm hoping to make it to the Fargo Marathon.

What is your longest run?
16.5 miles, every long run now will be my longest run ever!

Would you do a Zombie Run?
My crazy friends think this is a good idea but I might need some convincing.



 

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Connie I am so glad you didn't get hurt when you fell!
    Love you much Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So from what I understand the Zombie Run is a 5k race with 12 obstacles and zombies who pop up and start chasing you. You wear a belt with flags and attempt to cross the finish line with all of your flags still attached.

    http://runforyourlives.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Bill chasing us down on the long runs! I'm sure he logs at least 25% more distance just running back and forth between the three different groups. :>) M

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so exciting to have every long run be a new personal distance record. I'm so glad you're healthy and doing well! And what a great hubby to have a meal all ready for you!

    ReplyDelete