Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fargo 1/2 Marathon Race Recap

It's been over a week since I ran in Fargo but I still can't stop talking about how great it was! The city of Fargo does an amazing job and the event was extremely well organized.

This year I was able to get out of school a little early and made it to the expo well before it closed. I picked up some new Bondibands.

Bondibands!

Saturday morning our alarm (the one with the extremely rude siren sound) went off at 5:30am. We quickly went packed up and drove to the Fargodome. There was tons of lightning which was making me very nervous!



By the time we started racing the rain had stopped and the conditions were perfect! I lined up with the 2:00 pace bunny and planned to try and stick with him throughout the race. 

Jo and I before the race, her and Christy ran the full 26.2!

Unfortunately the group went through water stations really quickly and I kept falling behind. Somewhere around mile 8 I managed to pass the 2 hour group and started to speed up.  I decided to keep my game plan the same as at WPS and pick up my pace at mile 10.

Mile 10-12 felt pretty great and I started thinking I might actually be able to get a PB. I tried to keep in mind that the finish line has lots of turns and feels like it's never going to end.

My crazy full marathon running friends!

Turns out I managed a personal best by a whole 2 seconds! I'll take it!




There was tons of fun stuff to see on the course, great food after, fantastic medals and cute finishers shirts! I will definitely be doing Fargo again!


2 comments:

  1. admit it, you loved my loud siren alarm!! :)

    Congrats on the PB....so excited for you! I can't wait until you do your first full!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A PB is a PB! 2 seconds is absolutely respectful. Way to go Connie.

    ReplyDelete