Sunday, May 13, 2012

WPS Race Recap 2012

Wow, what an awesome race this year! It's amazing what running with no pressure can do!

Joanne and I both needed to run a conservative race. My instructions were to run 10 miles at an easy pace and then "all out" for the last 3.1.



I'm not gonna lie, it kinda felt sucky lining up with the 2:15 pace bunny when my heart would really love to try for another sub 2:00. However, we wanted to stick to the plan.

I think we did a fairly good job of that. We both kept an eye on the pace for the first 10 miles and then started to pick it up.  I can't explain how great this run felt! I'm pretty sure Jo was getting sick of hearing me tell her what a great time I was having and how much I love running.

Pretty sure this is how my face looked during the entire run.

At mile 9 my gels and sport beans flew out of my belt which wasn't a big deal except I felt bad for littering.

My parents were watching the race right near a water station. My dad took this photo.

My parents were waiting around mile 10 and I was really excited to see them! And to start going faster!

Joanne stayed with me and we sprinted to the finish, even holding hands across the line. It was our first time ever running a whole race together :)  We finished in 2:02 which came as a pretty big shock to both of us. It was about 8 minutes faster than we had planned but we both agreed that we felt great and didn't push too hard.
 

Here's the splits for people who care about numbers:
9:46
9:28
9:26
9:23
9:34
9:28
9:23
9:37
9:30
9:15
9:06
9:02
8:29
.16, 7:45

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you and Jo for sticking to the game plan when you wanted to burn up the course. I should have such wisdom!

    ReplyDelete