Day 2 of spring break is going nicely so far. In attempts to procrastinate on working on my portfolio assignment I have baked cinnamon buns, ate various snacks, went to the bank, watched some tv, went on facebook, ate some snack, went on facebook, and just ran a SLOW 2 miles.
The athletic therapist suggested I run at an 11:30 pace for no more than 2 miles. The good things about this run included, taking in the sun, saying hi to people I passed and running with no pain in my knee. The
annoying, funny part was when a man in fleece pants, work boots and a Jagermeister parka ran past me! I wish I had my camera!
I am out of good excuses, time to get back to work on that assignment.
Stats:
2 miles
21:21 minutes
10:41 min/mile (faster than I wanted to go)
bpm 154
I was thinking of you today when I finally got back on the treadmill after 2 months after my ankle injury. I too am running at a slow pace, but am impressed that I was able to go for a half hour with a pain-free ankle and with ease in the rest of my body. The cross training and physio are working. Yay! I hope the same for you. - Carmen :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Carmen, we'll be out there very soon! I can feel it!
ReplyDelete