Saturday, March 5, 2011

Thank you Katy Perry!

Yesterday I did NOT want to run! It was report card writing day at school which means I still go into work but there are no students and I get to work on writing my report cards all day. By noon the thrill had worn off and I was just plain bored. I did end up getting a lot done, including my report cards.

When I got home I needed to eat. My choice of pre-run snack is a half peanut butter and jam sandwhich on whole grain bread. They're usually super dry and a little hard to get down but the bonus is they don't feel like they're coming back up when you're running an hour later.

After a snack and a mini break in front of the tv I finally got ready and headed out. My plan was to run about 5 miles but other than that I had no plan for pace or route. I turned my music up loud and started running!

In the summer I do a lot of running at the lake by myself. I always bring music when I run by myself but due to the cold and lack of light I have not run by myself very often this winter. Well...thanks to Katy Perry, Kanye West and even a little Snoop Dog, I had a great run!!

I felt fast, light and I even smiled a little while I was running! This was a very welcome change after weeks of checking my watch for pace and focusing on my form while huffing and puffing along.


Stats:
49:45 min.
5.26 miles
9:28 min/mile
174 bpm
-23

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! Love it when the music makes it happen :) Peanut butter & wholegrain bread are my pre-run go-to's quite often as well!

    ReplyDelete